PS: We are not talking about the adult and vulgour shit our industry is producing nowadays in the name of comedy.
Yes, there was a time when Bollywood films were sheer comedies without really depending a bit on adult double meaning humour. At present, we are simply being exposed to sheer senseless comedy where one has to put hands on kids’ ears and eyes to prevent them watching or hearing some obscene content. However, the brighter side of the coin lies in the gem-box full of classic comedy films that have already been produced quite a time back.
Some of the films are so damn hilarious that one may find himself or herself laughing loud even by just imagining a scene. So here we go!
- Gol Maal (1979): The very original one was a pure blend of clean and kickass humour. Every bit of this film is so damn memorable and giggling. But shit happened, when Rohit Shetty decided to work upon its sequel which was further followed by senseless and horrific instalments.
- Padosan (1968): Sunil Dutt, Mehmood, Kishore Kumar, Saira Banu and of course side characters were way beyond outstanding in this film. Your life is indeed a wasteful experience if you haven’t watched this one.
- Chachi 420: Kamal Hassan left us in splits of laughter with this terrific dramatic comedy. He truly won our hearts as he effortlessly played the role of an elderly aunt with pepper-salt bun-ed hair and feeble voice.
- Andaz Apna Apna: You won’t feel a bit disinterested or bored even if you watch this epic piece starring Aamir and Salman Khan.
- Bheja Fry: This rare contemporary comedy was so traumatically humorous that it was a sheer joy to watch Rajat Kapoor suffer Bharat Bhushan’s miserable company. :p
- Khosla Ka Ghosla: This is one of the most underrated yet intelligent comedies ever made in Indian cinema. However, critics and comedy lovers crazily love this plot-ful movie.
- Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron: The best ever satirical film ever produced in Indian cinema. With no fancy star cast, this film highlighted almost every major societal issue that India faced with one ultimate tool, humour.
- Munna Bhai MBBS: The masses ended up loving this riotous-gangster duo of Munna Bhai and Circuit. Watch it for best ever comical performances.
- Malaamal Weekly: Beautifully set in the chores of an Indian village, this Priyadarshan film can literally make you roll on the floor. After all, if a basic villager wins a lottery, the situation is bound be amusing.
- Hera Pheri: This list can never be complete without the mention of this legendary trivial sleepy drama based amidst the daily chores of life.