When you do not belong a to a Bollywood family and have no filmy connections, TV reality shows are just the best way to become popular among masses and get the dream break. Don’t believe us? Here we enlist 7 celebrities who not only came into limelight but also got their dream break because of reality shows.
1. Divyanka Tripathi: One of the most popular faces of television world, Divyanka Tripathi aka Ishimaa began her career as an anchor on Akash Vani. In 2003, she went on to participate in Zee Teen Queen. Her big moment was when India’s Best Zee Cinestars ki Khoj declared her as the winner from Bhopal. There is no looking back since then. The actress soon got a lead role in Zee Tv’s ‘Banoo Main Teri Dulhann’. Then she bagged the role of Ishita in Ekta Kapoor’s Ye Hain Mohabbatein. The show is running successfully from last 5 years, with Divyanka as the leading face!
2. Bani J: A fitness inspiration for masses today, Bani J got her fair share of fame because of her stints on several popular reality TV shows. From being the first runner-up of MTV Roadies season 4 to hosting its many seasons to participating in Fear Factor, Khatron Ke Khilaadi and even Bigg Boss 10 – Bani J has been doing reality shows from past 12 years and is surely one big name in the entertainment industry today.
3. Sunny Leone: It was with Bigg Boss season 5 that Sunny Leone entered the world of entertainment. While she was still on the show, she grabbed a film offer from Mahesh Bhatt. However, in this case, a lot credit goes to her previous profession of being a porn star.
4. Ayushmann Khurrana: For him too, it all began with a television reality show. He was just 17 when he first appeared on Channel V PopStars (2002). Two years later, he was in MTV Roadies’ second season. And today, he is one of the finest actors in Hindi film industry.
5. Rannvijay Singha: The winner of first season of Roadies, Ranvijay Singh is one of the most popular television personalities. After winning, he hosted the subsequent seasons of MTV Roadies and then went on to become one of the judges. He has also acted in several films and TV shows.
6. Kapil Sharma: We kept the biggest star for the last! Kapil Sharma, the world knows him. The comedy king participated in Comedy Circus and won six seasons of the show. Woah! Then he appeared on Ustaadon Ka Ustaad and later launched his own show, Comedy Nights with Kapil!