In today’s times, when surrogacy is quite a prevalent practice among celebrities. A-list personalities like Aamir Khan, SRK and Karan Johar expanded their families via the process of surrogacy. However, back in time, a lot of celebrities set beautiful examples by adopting children despite the fact that adoption was a tough process then. Many celebs took the fight and successfully adopted children and gave them a better life.
1. Sushmita Sen: She was only 25 when brought home Renee after a long and complex legal battle. In 2010, she then adopted Alisah, her younger daughter. She raised the lil girls as a single mother. Renee and Alisah have grown up beautifully and an equally warm bond with their mom. Glimpses of this crazy girls trio can be seen on Sush’s Instagram profile.
2. Mithun Chakroborty: Mithun Da too adopted a little girl Dishani when she was a baby. He raised her along with his 3 sons.
3. Kunal Kohli: The ‘Hum Tum’ director adopted a girl when she was 7-months old and named her Radha. He is raising her with his wife.
4. Raveena Tandon: At a tender age of 21, Raveena adopted two girls, Chaaya and Pooja who were 8 and 11 years old respectively. The little girls were daughters of her distant cousin who was going through some financial trouble.
5. Salim Khan: Who doesn’t know Arpita Khan, who is Salman Khan’s most adored sister! Salman and the entire Khan clan left no stone unturned to make Arpita’s marriage with Ayush Sharma a massive and memorable affair. It was the biggest marriage of that year is still remembered for its grandeur. However, Arpita is not a real daughter of Khan Khandaan. She was adopted by Salim Khan who raised her with his four children.
6. Dibakar Banerjee: The cult filmmaker Dibakar and his wife adopted a girl from Mumbai-based orphanage.
7. Sunny Leone: Last but certainly not the least, the infamous actress Sunny is the latest one to adopt a girl. She adopted her from a Mumbai based orphanage. Sunny, who hails from Sikh roots, named her Nisha Kaur Weber and is raising her with husband Daniel Weber