It certainly won’t be an overstatement to say that star kids rule the Hindi film industry today. Alia Bhatt, Sonam Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Ranbir Kapoor, Tiger Shroff, Arjun Kapoor and many other star kids are prominent faces in Bollywood today. Nothing but talent sustains them in the business, but being a star kid does wonders too.
However, there are also star kids who ditched acting and chose a rather different career to make an identity of their own.
1. Masaba Gupta: Celebrated actress Neena Gupta’s daughter with Viv Richards, Masaba Gupta chose fashion designing and is one of the most established name in the fashion industry today. The diva adds quirk to modern fashion like no one else.
2. Rhea Kapoor: Younger daughter of Anil Kapoor, Rhea Kapoor chose to stay behind the celluloid as a film producer and fashion stylist. She is Sonam Kapoor’s stylist and has made her the fashion queen of India with her high-on-sass sartorial choices. Her upcoming project, Veere Di Wedding starring Sonam, Kareena Kapoor and Swara Bhaskar is all set to hit theatres this June.
3. Riddhima Kapoor Sahani: Despite being the daughter of Kapoor Khandaan, Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh’s daughter established herself as an ace fashion and jewellery designer.
4. Rahul Bhatt: Son of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, Rahul chose fitness as his career path and is the man behind Aamir Khan’s jaw-dropping transformation for the film Dangal.
5. Ahana Deol: Following the footsteps of her mother, Ahana Deol took Odissi dancing as her profession.
6. Saba Ali Khan: The lesser known sibling of Soha and Saif, Saba Ali Khan takes care of vast properties of the royal Pataudi family. She is the head and key caretaker of Auqaf-e-Shahi. (Auqaf-e-Shahi refers to all those princely endowments or properties that are of religious or charitable significance.) Apart from that, she is also an eminent jewellery designer and runs her own business.
7. Anshula Kapoor: Arjun Kapoor’s sister, Anshula Kapoor is an ex-Google employee. However, she left her job to lend emotional support to her actor brother who shattered after the death of their mother. Anshula is a geek personality and prefers staying away from the glam and glitz of Bollywood. She is operations manager at Hrithik Roshan’s apparel brand, HRX.