The trailer of Shraddha Kapoor starrer Haseena released recently and the Shraddha’s never seen before de-glam look has already created quite a buzz. The film is based on the real life story of Dawood Ibrahim’s sister Haseena Parker who took charge of his Mumbai business. Shraddha is essaying the lead role, met Haseena’s family to prepare the role but couldn’t meet Haseena herself, who passed away of a heart attack in 2014.
Well, as the Bollywood is all set to unfold this high voltage gangster drama, here we bring to you some facts about Haseena Parkar aka Godmother of Nagpada.
– Haseena is Dawood Ibrahim’s younger sister. Dawood, as most of you must be aware, is India’s most wanted infamous underworld don. While Dawood is the third eldest in the 12 siblings and Haseena was the 7th eldest.
– Haseena entered the underworld business when her husband was gunned down by Arun Gawli and gang in 1991. Then the infamous JJ Hospital shootout was led by Dawood Ibrahim to avenge the death of his brother in law.
– Haseena Parkar used to run her business from the elite Gordon Hall Apartment in Nagpada, where she shifted soon after her husband’s mother.
– She confessed to the police that she wasn’t in touch with her brother Dawood Ibrahim but soon took over his Mumbai business. If reports are to be believed, she held Rs 5000 crores of undeclared cash assets in her name.
– Haseena also negotiated the oversees rights of Bollywood films in Gulf and central Russia.
– She was reportedly associated with many infamous hawala and extortion cases. Her name was involved in rackets of transferring money from Middle East to India and vice versa.
– Builders used to contact Haseena to seek permission from slum-dwellers for redevelopment projects because she was reportedly involved in cases of land grabbing.
– She lost her eldest son Danish in a road accident in 2006 while was returning from Goa to Mumbai.
– Haseena Parkar lost her life to a heart attack in 2014 and is survived by her 3 kids – 2 daughters and 1 son.
While we are extremely excited to see her story on silver screen. Well, not to forget, this film is probably Shraddha Kapoor’s last chance to prove her acting worth. With her career spanning over 6 years, Shraddha’s film kitty (she has so far 10 films) is full of flops. A few of her films did garner critical appreciation and performed well on the box office but because of elements apart from Shraddha. So this time, it indeed is a make or break kind of a situation for her.