Open pores are a true blue nightmare for any girl. They not only ruin the overall texture and look of the face but also make one’s skin look uneven, oily and aged. Adding to the disguise, they are the most difficult to get rid off from. To deal with open pores is one real tough task – so difficult that you might not ever completely get back that perfect flawless skin.
Most girls often resort to makeup to hide the large open pores but that’s obviously not a permanent solution. That gets exhausting as well. Putting on makeup everyday just to hide these pores sounds so arghhh! So what do you do now? Will you have to spend rest of your youthful days (which are supposed to be lived with flawless and bright skin) with these open pores instead?
Well, definitely not! We have some really effective home remedies for you. But before we go ahead, here is a piece of information that you should know. Pores are essential for our skin as they help our skin to remain hydrated and allow it to breathe. They are also responsible for the elimination of the toxins from the body. But at times, these pores expand due to clogging and dilation.
People with oily skin are more likely to have open pores. However, for a flawless and healthy skin, it is important to prevent the opening of pores by proper cleansing, toning and moisturising.
So here we go! Here are our 8 most favourite and the most effective home remedies to minimize open pores permanently.
Ice: Ice has a skin tightening effect which makes it a simple and effective home remedy. It’s application immediately minimises the enlarged pores. It also improves circulation and helps to get you a healthier skin.
Just wrap few ice cubes in a clean washcloth and put it on your skin for about 15-30 seconds.
Repeat this few times daily.
You can also wash your face with ice cold water once a day.
2. Steam: Steam unclogs your pores and cleanses the dirt from them. All you need to do this give some steam to your face and them splash some cold water to close the pores. But remember to wash your face with a mild cleanser before starting the process.
3. Rose water and cucumber juice: Presence of silica in cucumber helps improving the skin texture and also gives one a fair complexion. Just add a few drops of rose water in cucumber juice and dab it on your face with a cotton ball. Wash your face after 15-20 minutes. This will also lessen your open pores. Repeat this every day.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV is a natural skin toner and also contains astringent properties. It’s benefit for skin and beauty are endless. Luckily, it also works well against open pores and tightens the skins.
If your skin is oily, mix apple cider vinegar with equal amount of water. Soak a cotton ball in the solution and gently apply it to your face. Leave it for few minutes and then wash it off.
For sensitive and dry skin, increase the proportion of water.
5. Honey: Mix honey and yogurt and apply this mixture on open pores. Rinse off with water after few minutes.
6. Fuller’s earth aka Multani Mitti: There’s a reason that our grandmoms still insist us to go by this magical ingredient than expensive cleansers and packs. It absorbs excess oil from the skin and also reduces scars and blemishes. It is also a blessing in disguise for a sun-damaged skin. And most importantly, it is one of the best ways to treat open pores naturally.
7. Tomatoes and garlic: Who said tomato and garlic’s combination is restricted to make only delicious food. You can also get flawless skin with this crazy combo! Grind a half tomato with 3-4 garlic pods and apply this mixture on your face. Let it sit for 15-20 mins and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
You can also try rubbing a tomato directly on your face. It reduces the enlarged pores quite effectively.
Got some more remedies? Tell us in the comments section below.