His every concert sells houseful, no Bollywood film is complete without a euphonious song crooned by him, his soul stirring songs are companions of all kinds of lovers – deeply in love, shattered in love, one-sided lovers and yet to fall in love. And he is none other than the poster boy of our Bollywood playback singing, Arijit Singh (Let’s have a round of applause for him :P).
This guy is magic. He made Bollywood debut with a co-singer of Murder 2’s super intense and much famous song Phir Mohabbat and it took no time for music aficionados to recognise his patent talent and started signing him as playback singer. Right after giving voice to 2 more songs, Raabta (Agent Vinod) and Dua (Shanghai), there came Aashiqui 2’s Tum Hi Ho which turned an underdogg singer to a massive superstar. But who knew, this guy would be ruling the Indian music industry and become the most celebrated singer of our times.
And here are 6 reasons we feel he deserves all our love.
- Inspiring Sucess Story: He was just 18 years old when he participated in the singing reality show, Fame Gurukul and immensely impressed the audience with his sheer talent. But he soon faded from the limelight since he got eliminated from the show after making it to top 6 contestants. He then worked as a music programmer and sang jingles to survive. Meanwhile his struggle, he assisted eminent music directors like Shankar-Ehsan-Loy, Vishal-Shekhar, Pritam and Mithoon. It was Mithoon, who gave him a chance to be a part of Murder 2’s Phir Mohabbat.
- Soul-Stirring Voice: Ahh! His voice penetrates deep within the soul and touches our entire being. One feels absolutely touched and blissfully relaxed with his mellifluous and intense voice. Cold-hearted and not-in-love people have also shed tears on his songs. Do we need say more?
- Versatility- Even though people have stereotyped him as a sad song singer, but come on, how can one forget the merry-romantic, flirtatious and party numbers he has lent his voice to. He undoubtedly leaves us all teary eyed with the sad songs, but he equally has made us go gaga over party hits like Sooraj Dooba Hai, Dilliwali Girlfriend, Shanivaar Raati and a lot more.
He is a true versatile vocalist! And this versatility is not just a natural gift but it is something he has really developed with hardcore training under several gurus.
- Worth being died for ‘Smile’: His smile, personally, makes me go weak in my knees. It is a true reflection of his pure and genuine soul.
- Socially responsible human: He is an avid social worker who deeply feels the pain and problems of underprivileged and unaddressed people. To eradicate poverty is one goal he wants India to achieve ASAP. He also keeps donating major chunk of his earnings to several NGOs.
- Promoting Independent music: He surely is the most celebrated playback singer of our generation but he as a hardcore musician, he is also aware of the struggling state of brilliant independent musicians who are not able to achieve fame because of the overpowering nature of Bollywood music. He himself has accepted that Bollywood music overpowers the entire Indian music industry and he states lack of favourable infrastructure for the independent music artists as the reason of it.
He soon will be working for the same and promote the field of independent music in India. And we are sure, his efforts won’t go in vain.
Last but not at all the least, his songs! Phir Le Aaya Dil, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Channa Mereya, Muskurane Ki Wajah, Janam Janam, Sanam Re, Love Me Thoda Aur, Soch Na Sake, Enna Sona, Humdard, Mast Magan, Kabira, Laal Ishq, Aayat….. and the list of his gorgeous tracks is endless!
Thanks for bein there, Arijit! Wishing you a very happy birthday!