Working women or housewives, we all have a common enemy: Dark circles.
Sleep deprivation can cause your skin to become dull and pale, allowing for dark tissues and blood vessels beneath your skin to show. Lack of sleep can also cause fluid to build underneath your eyes, causing them to appear puffy. As a result, the dark circles you see may actually be shadows cast by your puffy
Dark circles can be a hassle to handle. They make our face look tired and dull and can be a bit of difficult to get rid of easily. Here are few hacks that will help in getting rid of the stubborn dark circles and regain your youthful and fresh glow!
Cucumber has skin-lightening and mildly astringent properties; they are completely equipped to fix our racoon-like eyes. Better yet, they are soothing and refreshing too.
- Take a fresh cucumber and cut it in thick slices.
- Leave them to chill in fridge about 30 minutes.
- Place the cucumber slices in the dark circle area for about 8-10 minutes.
- After the said minutes, wash your face.
- Repeat this process twice a day for one week to see results.
Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten your dark circles to a great extent, provided you use it daily. Tomatoes contain antioxidants called as lycopene that minimizes the dark pigmentation under the eyes by protecting the skin from damages. They have moisturizing properties that hydrate the skin under the eyes which is essential to prevent further aggravation of dark circles. They are also are rich in many essential vitamins and minerals which help in proper blood circulation and promote cell renewal for reducing dark circles.
- Take a teaspoon of tomato juice and mix it with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to the dark circle area with bare hands or even the help of cotton pads and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off well with cool water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
Almond oil can help to lighten the dark circles under your eyes and reduce under-eye puffiness. This is thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Almond oil also contains retinol, vitamin E, and vitamin K, which can keep the delicate skin under your eyes smooth without irritating it.
- Before going to bed, just take some almond oil and rub it gently over your eyes.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off with cold water next morning.
- Repeat this every day until your dark circles are gone.
Rose water rejuvenate the skin but also has skin lightening qualities, hence it can be a great way of removing the dark circles. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works well as a skin toner.
- Soak cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes.
- Place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 10 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
Potatoes contain vital natural bleaching agents and used raw, they help lighten dark circles and reduce excess puffiness around your eyes.
- Extract the potato juice by using grating them.
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it on your closed eyes.
- Allow the juice to sit for about 15 minutes and rinse your eyelids well with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.