As many of you would be aware, Kerela is going through one of the worst flood situations. The state which is supposed to be heaven, is in trouble now. The floods in Kerela have claimed at least 370 lives and has caused unprecedented loss to property. People are losing their homes, their jobs and even their loved ones. Their lives are in danger. The whole state is on red alert.It is a devastating situation.
With over 800,000 rendered displaced and the death toll rising, Kerela needs us more than ever. People are dying and crying out for help. We need to help them, by not just posting stuff but doing something that can actually make a difference. Right now, the only way we can help them is through donations.
1. You can contribute by paying through this link: https://donation.cmdrf.kerala.gov.in
The money will go directly to CM’s Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF). You will receive the receipts immediately.
2. The money can be contributed by Cheque/ DD or Internet Banking. To send in through cheque or DD, you can address it to:
The Principle Secretary (Finance) Treasurer, Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund, Secretariat, Thiruvananthapuram – 1
3. If you want to send the money through internet banking, the account details are as follows:
Bank : State Bank of India (SBI)
Account Number : 67319948232
Branch : City Branch, Thiruvananthapuram
IFSC : SBIN0070028
Account Type: Savings
SWIFT CODE : SBININBBT08
Name of Donee: Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund
All the bank account details can be found on their website – https://donation.cmdrf.kerela.gov.in
Apart from helping them by donating money, you can also send many essential items. You can donate clothing, shoes, socks, sanitary napkins, blankets, non perishable food items, bottled drinking water, soaps, first aid kids and everything and anything that you think will help them get through this tough time. As Kerela battles its worst floods in nearly a century, those of us who are safe far away need to do what we can to help. Many relief camp centres have been set up in different states to send relief materials.
If you are from Delhi, here is how you can donate essentials:
1. An aircraft has been arranged to send relief materials to Kerala. The collection is happening at ILT parking outside Supreme Court. For any details contact 9711943928.
2. Food and money is also accepted at Norka Development office at Kerala House, New Delhi. Contact: 09446993823, 01123360350
3. Uday Foundation is collecting relief materials to send it to Kerala.
Collection centre: Uday Foundation, 113A/1, Adchini, New Delhi 110017. (Reena Sen 9599635450)
1. A collection centre for Kerala flood relief has been set up in Kolkata at the following address:
Indian Pluralism Foundation
47 a, Shakespeare Sarani
2b Kundalia Tower
Kolkata – 700017
Contact – 9051312323, 9903313210, 9831041884, 9830786771, 9830342584
2. Not for profit organisations, Goonj and Oxfam are also collecting essentials for survivors in Kerala.
1. Relief material is being collected at SMR Vinay City, Bolarum Road, Miyapur (900035188, 9703503573, 8886555226, 9840921173)
2. The English and Foreign Languages University, near Sitaphalmandi Overbridge (8086869573, 9746286425, 91775096030),
3. Banjara Hilla, Flat No 6-3-594/10A, Anand Nagar (7842216157, 8790408101, 8606821009)
4. Tata Institute of Social Sciences, NIRD Road, Rajendranagar (73820922647, 7995926635, 9633134831, 8547930466)
The collection is happening at these centres:
1. Sankara Eye Hospital Kundalahali Gate, Varthur Main Road (9739011685)
2. Avohi, Venus Building, Kalyana Mandapa Road, Jakkasandra Ext, Koramangala (9731980066)
3. Confederation of Indian Industry, CII, 12 Main, HAL 2nd Stage, Indiranagar (7001663618, 9740233244)
4. Tanzeb, 4017, First Cross Road, Stage 2, Domlur (9916900719)
5. Keli Cultural Association, Pruksa Silvana, Nimbekaipura Road, Budigere Cross, Old Madras Road (9945481192)
6. Midway City Owners Association, Concorde Midway City, Basapura Road, Hosa Road Junction (9964741820, 8041234875)
7. Ganga Vertica, Neeladri main Road, Electronic City (8867846625)
1. Lotus Exotic Journeys, 33/17, Thomas Nagar, Little Mount, Saidapet, Chennai – 15. (9789053919)
If you can help, please do and if you can’t, please share these details with those who can. We just want this message to reach the maximum people so that we can help them as much as we can. Help, Donate & Pray. Let’s save Kerela from drowning.