Akshay Kumar perfectly comprehends the role of luck and hard-work in making one a famous Bollywood star! He believes that luck plays a superior role than hard-work – which indeed holds true because thousands aspire and work hard to make it big in Bollywood but only a few succeed.
And here we bring to you 7 such amusing stories of B-town celebs who were discovered by chance by the right people at the right time! 😉
1. Bipasha Basu: Arjun Rampal’s wife and supermodel Mehr Jessia incidentally spotted Bipasha at a hotel in Kolkata in 1996 and suggested her to try her hand in modeling! The diva had a flourishing modeling career spanning over 8-9 years and then she moved to Bollywood industry and proved her prowess as an actress.
2. Kangana Ranaut: It was Anurag Basu who discovered the ‘Queen’ of Bollywood. He spotted her in a coffee shop and offered her a role in his film, ‘Gangtser’. The film starring Emraan Hashmi, Shiny Ahuja and Kangana was a superhit and roles started pouring in for Kangana.
3. Akshay Kumar: Story of his entry in the film world is as amusing as his films. After returning from Bangkok, Akshay used to teach martial arts. One of his photogrpher friend told him to try modeling. The Khiladi Kumar missed his flight to Bangalore for a modeling assignment and he then started knocking studio doors with his portfolio. And as it was destined, he got a film on the same day.
4. Parineeti Chopra: With a triple degree in economics, business and finance, Parineeti had no plans to enter the film industry as an actor. However, she was working in the public relations department of Yash Raj Films. While working with YRF, she developed keenness for acting and was approached by Maneesh Sharma, director of ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’.
5. Arjun Rampal: Ace celebrity designer Rohit Bal spotted him at a club in Delhi and was massively impressed by his good looks. He suggested him to try his hands on modeling. Not only did he become India’s most known male model but also delivered notable acting performances in Bollywood! Presently, he is aging like a fine wine! 😉
6. Bhumi Pednekar: The ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’ actress used to work as an assistant to Shanoo Sharma at Yash Raj Films for 6 years. She often use to give auditions and double up for actors. One day, her audition tape landed on Aditya Chopra’s desk and she was cast in ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’.