Magic Potions: 5 Alcoholic Drinks That Are Actually Good For Your Health!
As Winston Churchill said, “A single glass of champagne imparts a feeling of exhilaration. A bottle produces the opposite.”
Yes, you heard that right. Alcohol can actually be good for your health. But before you jump off to grab your next beer, let’s be clear: Alcohol is only healthy in smaller amounts that are, about 1 drink a day for women and 2 for men. After that, the benefits get hazier and the risks increase. But research has shown that having a drink or two a day can actually have some good health benefits.
Here You Go :
- WINE – Studies have shown that consuming a moderate amount of red wine, which has an alcohol content of 12% -15% daily helps in the prevention of several diseases including heart disease. Rich in antioxidants, a glass of wine if consumed regularly can help you lower the bad cholesterol in your system. Not only does it regulate cholesterol levels, but also keeps the heart-healthy. Polyphenols, a certain type of antioxidants present in red wines prevent unwanted clotting by keeping the blood vessels flexible. Reduces the risk of cancer, keeps your memory sharp, and keeps depression at bay!
- CHAMPAGNE – The fizzy stuff is actually good for you. Like red and white wine, champagne can be good for your heart. It contains the same antioxidants which prevent damage to your blood vessels, reduce bad cholesterol and prevent blood clots. It helps to keep your heart healthy and happy. It also improves memory, boosts mood, and can lower the risk of diabetes. A glass or two of champagne has been known to prevent the onset of dementia.
- TEQUILA – From boosting your bone health to helping you lose weight, here’s how high-quality, 100 percent agave tequila could be good for you. tequila has a particular kind of sugar in it called again, which posses some weight loss properties. It also helps with digestion and improves metabolism. And the best thing about this drink is, 100% agave tequila won’t give you a hangover!
- WHISKEY – A typical whiskey contains approximately 46% of alcohol, which accounts for most of its calorie content. Low to moderate drinking of whiskey regularly aids in significant weight loss. Studies have shown whiskey, taken in a moderate amount, contributes significantly to improved cognitive performance and reduces the chances of developing neurological disorders caused by aging, such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. It reduces the chances of blood clot formation, keeps the heart healthy, prevents cancer, and boosts immunity.
- VODKA – Would you ever believe that in olden times, Vodka was used as a medicine. Alcohol, especially vodka, is well known for its disinfectant properties. Vodka increases blood flow in the body and helps in preventing blood clots, strokes, and clogged arteries. It is an excellent solution if you have constant bad breath or a toothache. Vodka is also well known to give relief to patients who are suffering from joint pain and inflammation.
So next time you raise a glass, remember the health benefits of these drinks and enjoy them in moderation, of course.