There is pleasure in the pathless woods. Meet your soul by the deep sea with musical waves as it roars.!
I had a thyroid due to stress. Just 4 days at the Niraamaya Retreats, wellness heritage, awarded as the best Indian Relais & Châteaux property consecutively for the last three years, I came back to Delhi healed. Breathing pure air at this retreat, dotted with traditional Keralite heritage cottages, with endless breezy coconut palms and every meal at Samsasra restaurant overlooking spectacular views of the pristine Arabian Sea. I was rejuvenated, reinvigorated and restored. My special thanks to Chef Prakash Nayak, his wellness food healed me as much as the nature at the Retreat.
Accommodations- You are transported to a world of healing in one of the best Ayurveda Resorts of India that harbours a collection of trees and 31 Heritage Cottages from Kerala, as old as 250 years. The cottages are built in traditional Keralite architecture spread across the cliffside gardens overlooking the Arabian Sea. Its a blend of weathered wood and contemporary luxury.
The Ayurveda Spa here includes Traditional Ayurveda, Asian and contemporary International therapies besides curative and healing Wellness packages.
• Relax and Rejuve Program ‘Rasayana’- starts from 5 Days and Ideal for enhancing immunity and rejuvenation.
• Slim Body’ By Ayurveda Starts from: 14 Days includes massages with special herbal powders, oils and medications. Includes a specific diet and fitness Yoga.
• Body Purification And Detoxification -Starts from14 Days- eliminate toxin accumulation. This therapy also balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha (the three bio-regulating energies according to Ayurveda).
• Ayurveda Stress and Strain Buster- Starts from 5 Days- This package combines different Ayurveda massages and therapies. The simultaneous practice of Yoga and meditation is advisable for enhanced benefits.
• Bone and Joint Care Program- Starts from 7 Days- This palliative program includes traditional massages, application of warm medicated pouches, intensive oil therapies, medicated baths and internal medications.
• The Retreat manages a Picnic Lunch Hamper with a Chilled bottle of Wine as you go on a safari to have fun with Elephant rides
• Choose your fish with the Chef from the FISH MARKET to enjoy a three-course dinner with your selected fish.
• Explore village on a bicycle
• Therapeutic Pottery- relax in the class as you shape the wet clay.
• Tea by the Sea- laze around as the Beach butlers set up a cosy sun mattress and umbrella and chef delights you with delectable nibbles.
• Enjoy sparkling sunset cruise in a motorboat that cruises through coconut groves with a glimpse of rural life. You can see backwater meeting the Arabian Sea.
Niraamaya Retreats Kovlam
Pulinkudi Mullur PO , Thiruvanathapuram – 695 521
Kerala / +91 4712267333/+91 4712226700
Khushboo Jain, Wellness Advocate
Picture Credits: Madaboutwellness