The trend of making biopic on famous personalities be it on a sports person or a historian or any other, has taken the filmy world by storm. Though the recent biopic Haseena Parkar, which revolved around the life of underworld gangster Dawood Ibrahim’s sister, and played by Shraddha Kapoor, failed to woo the audience, but there are many more like M.S. Dhoni, Dangal, The Dirty Picture, Neerja, etc that left the audience in complete awe. Well many more are on their way, and then there are some, that you just can’t miss!1. Padmavati
First and foremost, this year’s most awaited blockbuster starring Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Shahid Kapoor & Aditi Rao Hydari is hitting the big screens on 1st December 2017. The recently released posters are enough to predict how epic this one is going to be!!
Produced by Bhushan Kumar, Shraddha Kapoor is portraying Badminton player Saina Nehwal, who from time to time has brought laurels to this country. Tentative release date- 3rd March 2018.
3. Sanjay Dutt Biopic
A biopic, whose name is yet to be decided, based on the up’s and down’s in Sanjay Dutt’s life, with Ranbir Kapoor acting the role, is scheduled to release on 30th March 2018. According to sources, we might even see director Raj Kumar Hirani in a cameo role in this movie.
4. Manikarnika: the Queen of Jhansi The movie is all about the life of Rani Laxmi Bai of Jhansi and her fight against British East India Company, and who better to play the part, than our beloved Queen Kangana Ranaut. Sonu Sood, Ankita Lokhande, Atul Kulkarni are also in the cast. Release date- April 27, 2018.
5. Sapna Didi Based on Mumbai’s Mafia Queen of the 80’s, Sapna Didi, is releasing in October 2018, with Deepika Padukone and Irrfan Khan in the main roles.
6. Super 30 Directed by Vikas Bahl, with Hrithik Roshan in the lead role, it is about mathematician Anand Kumar, who selflessly and free of cost has been teaching 30 students each year, all belonging to economically poor families, for the past 15 years. Release date- 2018
7. Gustakhiyan Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s next venture is a biopic on noted poet-lyricists Sahir Ludhianvi. Star cast hasn’t been finalized yet, though from Shahrukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Irrfan Khan to Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, all are under consideration. 8. The Great Khali Nothing finalized as of now, but reports suggest that Sushant Singh Rajput has been approached for the part of Khali.
9. 83 It’s all about the 1983 World Cup, which India won under the leadership of legendary Kapil Dev. Though no such release date has been finalized yet, but Ranveer Singh is for sure playing the role of Kapil Dev.
10. Biopic on singer Kishore Kumar Only the script is ready, and director and actor, Anurag Basu and Ranbir Kapoor, respectively, have been finalized. Rest is still unknown.