Want To Loose Weight? Have A Mango
The best thing about summer is- Mangoes. It is one of the delicious alternatives to the usual run of healthy fruits. Also, the King of all fruits- mango cannot upset anyone.
What if we tell you that you can eat mango and lose your weight ?
That’s the surprise of the mango diet, where your meal plan includes generous portions of the fruit and recipes made using mangoes. While you must ensure that the calorie count does not increase.
One can also experiment with ways to include mango in the diet, be it as a parfait/milkshake (though Ayurveda advises against combining it with dairy or citrus fruits), mango salsa that can be eaten with healthy chips, mango salad, guacamole or chutney and many more. Sounds perfect?
Here’s why and how!
- Research suggests that mango contains bioactive compounds and phytochemicals. This suppresses fat cells and fat-related genes, indicating that the fruit can be beneficial for weight control.
- Mangoes are low in calories but high in water and dietary fibre. Thus, it promotes digestive health. Also, consuming high-fibre foods is linked to improved weight loss.
- Mangoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, which boosts our immune system.
- Mangoes are also rich in vitamin A, which is essential for eye health. They are also great for our hair and skin.
- The fruit also contains folate, vitamin K, vitamin E and several vitamins which have many important roles in the body.
- Mangoes have very low fats and no cholesterol.
Ways to safely include mango in the Summer diet:
- CONTROL PORTIONS – A 100-gm serving of ripe mango pulp has a mere 60 calories! Therefore, you can eat the raw mango pulp if you like, so long as it’s in smaller portions.
- DON’T EAT IT WITH LUNCH – Eating it with lunch can make you consume more calories.
- PRE-WORKOUT FOOD- A 100-gm serving of mango pulp has 15-gm carbohydrates and 14-gm sugar, making it serve as an energy booster. This makes mango a great pre-workout food.
- NO EXTRA SWEETENERS- Adding sweeteners can worsen the process of weight loss and add on calories.
However, if you are a pre-diabetic or diabetic, One must consult your physician before indulging in mangoes. Also, weight loss is only successful when one keeps a check on daily calorie intake and efficiently burn them out.
What are you waiting for? Happy Summer Binging. Get a hands-on Mango diet for weight loss.