World Environment Day 2021 – Here’s How You Can Do Your Bit
We are a product of our environment. With the climate changing at an alarming rate, temperatures rising, animals going extinct, and glaciers receding, it has become more important than ever to take care of our surroundings. Maintaining a balance in the ecosystem by co-existing with nature is the need of the hour.
But what can you do to do your bit? Here’s how you can help in keeping the environment safe, secure, and thriving for future generations:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – these 3 R’s is the crux of every environmentally friendly endeavor. This simply means Reduce, your carbon footprint by Reusing anything you can and finally Recycle whatever qualifies for the same. By doing this you will conserve nature for a long-term basis.
- Conserve water – Water conservation has become one of the most important aspects of preserving nature. Not just for humans but aquatic life like fish, sea plants, sea insects, and corals as well. Wasting water or discharging chemicals into it could damage the water quality for generations to come.
- Choose sustainable alternatives – People and companies are becoming much aware of the importance of offering eco-friendly and sustainable alternatives. For example, while shopping, get your own cloth or jute bag from home instead of using plastic bags. You can even opt for bamboo or steel straw instead of plastic straw.
- Plant trees whenever you can – Nature conservation begins at home. It takes nothing to plant a tree wherever you may feel right. Potting plants and flowers will not only make your surroundings look good but will also make the air feel fresher. It will even provide a home for small insects and birds.
- Use LED lightbulbs – LED light bulbs are much better and efficient than regular bulbs. LED bulbs will not just lower your electricity bill but is also a much better and safer source of light that lasts longer.