Yoga Gives You A New Life
Yoga originated in India and is being practised since 5,000 years ago. Now yoga has provided peace of mind and wellness to many who followed it with dedication. As passing time, yoga has been modified with modern science and gymnastics. Scientific studies have proved that yoga provides positivity to the mind, body and soul. It helps in reducing stress, anxiety and depression, removing mental stress from your life.
Yoga has a long list of health benefits. It has three significant components physical positions (asanas), improved breathing (Pranayama), and meditation (dhyana), each of them is significantly beneficial for your health.
- Release stress: yoga has the power to eliminate stress and give relaxation to the body. Our body consists of many chemical compounds, and cortisol is one of them. Cortisol plays a vital role in maintaining stress. Our body hormones keep on fluctuating and thus lead to multiple stress issues like poor mental health, weak immunity, digestive problems, fatigue and mood swings. Yoga practice has shown results in preventing all of the problems mentioned above. Shavasana (Corpse Pose) helps in reducing stress, hypertension and improving blood circulation.
- Improve immunity system: we all know yoga helps heal mental stress and improves immunity in the body. The immune system in our body is widely affected by continuous tension. The constant pressure can affect the respiratory organs and pattern. Opting for yoga can benefit you by improving your breathing pattern and immunity system. Kurmasana (Tortoise Pose) helps to strengthen your white blood cells and blood flow.
- Regenerates healthy heart: Practicing yoga has shown improved healthy body structure, healthy lifestyle and food habits. It helps to cut down cholesterol and maintain high blood pressure. Yoga improves heart health by eliminating stress levels in the body. Adding yoga to your routine gives you everyday freshness and throughout an active day. Sarvangasana (shoulder stand) Helps in improving heart health.
- Enhance muscle strength and body flexibility: Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar is an effective muscle workout, helps in strengthening the body muscles. It improves muscles energy around the joints and reduces joint pain. It is ideal for people who are suffering from arthritis. Regular yoga pattern can improve body energy.
- Relief from migraine or spondylitis pain: Spondylitis and migraine pain can be unbearable and highly uncomfortable for the body. The kinds of pain can last for a long, leading to irritation and mood swings. The unhealthy seating pattern has affected the majority of people. Stress and pressure to certain parts of the body result in stiff muscles and an affected nervous system. Utthita Marichyasana (Extended Sage Marichi Pose) and Kriya-Jalaneti (nasal water cleansing) can provide relief.
- Strengthen brain health: The grey matter in our brain is responsible for memory and executive functions. Yoga can help in improving the health of the brain. Meditation has shown results in increasing the grey matter of the brain.
- Improving sleeping pattern: The increased stress in our lives has deprived the ideal sleeping pattern our body requires. The melatonin level disturbance affects our sleeping pattern. Adding yoga to our lives can help in improvement in our sleep. Reclined Butterfly or Supta Badha Koonasana can aid in body relaxation giving you deep sleep.
- Healthy Breathing Pattern: Dirga Pranayama, Sama Vritti Pranayama, and Sitali Pranayama are the easiest and phenomenal exercises to improve our breathing. It helps to strengthen and to keep our lungs healthy. Continuous Pranayama can solve lungs problems like asthma and mild infections.
Yoga can be performed anywhere and at any time of the day. It is an excellent universal form of exercise along with great health benefits. Yoga has no age and size barriers as it is relevant for all age groups. The more you indulge in yoga, the more health benefits you get to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Hopefully, these pieces of information gave you the importance of yoga and may help you lead a healthy life.