Do You Know Rice Is A Wonder Grain? Check Out The Best Benefits Of It!
Rice is one of the world’s most-produced grains and feeds billions of people. It is an important cereal crop that feeds more than half of the world’s population. And there are thousands of varieties of rice around the world. Since its inception, it has been easy to grow, cook and be a digestible grain for all. Most dishes include rice as a main course in many different forms. Rice is the most elementary and staple food in many cultures around the world. Rice is included in many dishes to make their food more palatable and appetizing.
Rice is a staple in more than 100 countries around the world. In some households, rice is included with more than one meal a day. This starchy high-calorie cereal is generally low-cost, making it accessible to all and an important basis of many diets. Each country displays rice specialities to reflect local spices and taste preferences. Risotto in Italy, paella in Spain, jambalaya in South America, coconut rice in Colombia, steamed rice in China, rice and beans in Mexico, and sweet rice in Portugal, to name a few.
A Quick Visit To The Past
The scientific name of rice is Oryza. About 10,000-14,000 years ago in the history of human civilization, Oryza sativa was tamed with the wild grass Oryza rufipogon. The oldest surviving grains in the Indian subcontinent have been found in the Indo-Gangetic Plain and date back to 7000–6000 BC. However, the earliest widely accepted date for cultivated rice has been set at around 3000–2500 BC, with discoveries in the Indus Valley Civilization areas.
From there it has become easier to grow and cook rice. Rice is a super digestive grain for everyone. The mind-boggling story of this amazing cereal has been carefully selected, handled and tested before being packaged for a large number of customers across the globe. The social and historical meaning of the plant binds different civilizations together, cementing ties through shared cooking styles and customs, making it one of the best distinguishing benefits.
Why Is Rice A Wonderful Grain?
Rice is a wonderful grain as it can be used well with just about anything. It can be very well cooked and similarly ground into rice flour which can be used to make various snacks. Rice goes wonderful with an incredible variety of curries, side dishes and soups.
But, the surprising thing is that at present, most people avoid rice because it is considered bad in terms of health. This is only a myth. If we go back in time, rice was one of the most commonly used food items and the people who consumed it were more healthy, fit and slim as compared to today’s situation, where we get obesity, big waist, bigger belly, etc.
Rice is a complex carbohydrate and contains essential amino acids that help in mobilization of fat from the liver and when combined with legumes or pulses it becomes a complete protein to provide good muscle growth. Thus, it is a blessing for vegetarians. Rice when mixed with some protein or fiber rich food gets absorbed slowly and hence there is no issue of sudden rise in blood sugar with it.
Some Of The Best Benefits Of This Wonderful Cereal
Aeroplane rice is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals such as niacin, vitamin D, calcium, fiber, iron, thiamine and riboflavin. Therefore, it helps in metabolism, immunity and better functioning of organs.
- Rice is rich in resistant starch, which reaches the intestines undigested. This type of starch stimulates the growth of beneficial bacteria that help with normal bowel movements.
- Not only this, rice also works wonders in hair and skin care in many ways. Rice water contains significant amounts of nutrients and minerals in rice. Rice water can replace a commercial conditioner. It strengthens hair, promotes hair growth and adds shine to your hair.
- Aeroplane Rice water can be used to upgrade the well being of the skin. It works well against aging and can make your skin glow naturally. It improves the health of your skin and gives relief from sun-related irritation and disturbances.
- Aeroplane Rice is rich in various vitamins, phytonutrients and carbohydrates, it becomes the best source of post-workout food for endurance athletes. Replenish their glycogen, help the body relieve cramps and have an overall calming effect. There’s a reason it’s on your food menu.
- It gives you instant energy and lightens your stomach for digestion. As well, Best food for high blood pressure.
The incomparable food of the earth, rice plays a vital role in shaping human development. Rice is wonderful as a food or as a medicine. Too much of anything is not good, so eat your rice, but at the time and combination that will help you burn it.
For the best quality of rice, don’t forget to order it now from Aeroplane rice!