Get Rid Of Acne And Pimples With A Salicylic Acid Face Wash
Our face is our everything, right? It showcases our personality out in the world. But sometimes, that stubborn acne does not let us head out confidently. Even after trying every possible remedy or product in the market, you don’t see that acne fading off your facial skin. If you’ve oily skin, you probably suffer from acne more than others. One ingredient that can be particularly helpful in this regard is salicylic acid. A salicylic acid face wash is a good way to incorporate it into your daily routine.
Salicylic acid is truly a gift from God if you struggle with acne and pimples, as it can potentially fade your acne and various signs of aging. You know how frustrating it can be to try eliminating them. However, there are ways to effectively reduce the appearance of acne and prevent new breakouts from forming. Derived from the bark of white willow and wintergreen leaves, Salicylic acid effectively purifies your skin that helps treat acne. Now, let’s get to know more about this magical acid.
What is Salicylic Acid?
Salicylic acid is a type of beta-hydroxy acid derived from willow bark. It is found in several skincare products like face washes, toners, and spot treatments, and it helps treat acne-prone skin. It can penetrate the pores, exfoliate the skin, help unclog blocked pores, and reduce the buildup of excess oil and dead skin cells contributing to acne.
Benefits of Salicylic Acid Face Wash
- Unclogs the pores: Our skin pores get clogged by various factors resulting in whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. Salicylic acid helps unclog the skin by removing dead skin cells, impurities, and excess oil buildup. This helps in improving the overall texture and tone of the skin and makes the skin smooth over time.
- Reduces redness and swelling: Salicylic acid contains anti-inflammatory benefits that assist in treating burns and itchy skin due to exposure to UV rays and acne. It also prevents excess melanin production, which causes hyperpigmentation in the skin.
- Regulates the production of sebum: Excess sebum production is caused by dehydrated skin. Salicylic acid effectively helps in reducing and regulating the production of excess sebum.
- Provides anti-aging benefits to the skin: AHAs and BHAs in Salicylic acid help correct the signs of aging by smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles and making them less visible. It also helps remove the buildup of dead skin cells, thus making the skin look fresher and brighter.
How to use salicylic face wash for acne-prone skin?
A salicylic acid face wash as part of your daily skincare routine is a great way to help treat and prevent acne. Just be sure to choose a product suitable for your skin type and follow the instructions carefully.
To use the face wash, clean your face with a gentle, oil-free cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and makeup. Next, rinse your face with lukewarm water, and pat it dry with a clean towel. Then, apply the face wash to your damp skin and massage it into your skin using circular motions. Avoid getting the product in your eyes, and rinse it off thoroughly with lukewarm water.
You can use a Salicylic acid face wash once or twice a day, depending on your skin type and the severity of your acne. Some people may find their skin becomes dry or flaky when they first start using such a face wash, but these side effects are usually temporary. They can be managed by using a moisturizer and limiting the frequency of use.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for toxin-free and natural products for your hair too, we advise you to pick Mamaearth Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash which contains tea tree oil and salicylic acid. This face wash comes with an in-built silicon brush for easy application. Just pump, massage, and wash. All Mamaearth products are natural, cruelty-free, dermatologically tested, and have no toxins or harsh chemicals.
The key ingredients of the tea tree face wash are:
- Neem: In addition to its acne-fighting properties, neem is also rich in antioxidants that can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can contribute to the development of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil contains terpenes and terpenoids that have proven to have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects, effectively reducing redness, swelling, and the appearance of acne. It can also help to unclog pores and reduce the buildup of excess oil and dead skin cells that can contribute to acne. In addition to its acne-fighting properties, tea tree oil is also rich in antioxidants that can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Salicylic acid: Besides its exfoliating properties, salicylic acid has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects that can help reduce redness and swelling associated with acne. It can also help regulate sebum production, an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin that can contribute to acne if it is overproduced.
Healthy hair looks good on acne-free skin!
While working on the skin, why shouldn’t your hair get tender love and care too? The secret of healthy, voluminous, and smooth hair is now unlocked. Mamaearth’s BhringAmla Oil blends 15 medicinal herbs, including bhringraj hair oil and Amla.
This oil is a miracle elixir for your hair. It promotes strength, accelerates hair growth, and keeps the scalp clean. This formulation reduces hair fall, stimulates growth, and prevents premature graying. In addition, it provides nutrition and replenishes a dry scalp. So say goodbye to itchy scalp and hair problems and welcome Mamaearth BhringAmla Hair Oil for intense treatment.
You can directly apply it to the scalp or, for best results, warm the oil for 30 seconds and apply it with a cotton ball. Then, gently massage the scalp so that the oil can penetrate and get absorbed while the blood circulation of the scalp increases. You should leave this toxin-free bhringraj hair oil for at least one hour and then rinse it with a gentle shampoo.
Follow an anti-acne skincare routine
It’s important to note that using a salicylic acid face wash alone may not be enough to treat and prevent acne. A healthy skincare routine should include other acne-fighting products like benzoyl peroxide or retinoids, and adopt a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and regular exercise.
A healthy diet can help to reduce inflammation in the body, which can help reduce the appearance of acne. Exercise can also help improve circulation and promote healthy skin by increasing blood flow and oxygen.
The salicylic acid face wash is best for acne-prone skin and helps exfoliate dry and sensitive skin. Before you use the face wash, do a little patch test. For a patch test, use a small quantity of face wash on your inner arm and wash it off with lukewarm water. Wait for 24 hours to observe if there is any reaction to the same. If there is no irritation, it is generally safe to use on the face. Make sure you choose a face wash with an adequate yet accepted concentration of salicylic acid in your face wash.
In addition to using skincare products and adopting a healthy lifestyle, it’s also important to practice good skincare habits to help prevent acne. It includes keeping your face clean and free of excess oil and dirt, avoiding picking or squeezing pimples, and using non-comedogenic makeup and skincare products that won’t clog your pores.
Get healthy, clear skin today
So if you’re looking for a way to help reduce the appearance of acne and prevent new breakouts from forming, consider adding Mamaearth Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash to your skincare routine. It’s a powerful ingredient that can make a big difference in the health and appearance of your skin. And by following a healthy skincare routine and adopting a healthy lifestyle, you can help to keep your skin clear and healthy.
Like all Mamaearth products, the salicylic acid face wash is also free of parabens, toxins, and minerals.